Many of the yahoo users use yahoo mail as their primary email platform. So many of the users need two-step verification for an additional security wall just to make their private information secure. Two-step verification sends you an OTP each time your account is logged in from another device or location and you have to enter that code in to log in into your mail.
If you want to access that two-step verification in your yahoo mail, follow the steps given below
STEPS TO ACTIVATE TWO-STEP VERIFICATION IN YAHOO
- Log in to your yahoo mail account and click on the profile name on the upper right corner of the page.
- Now a drop-down menu will appear on the screen from which you have to click on account info.
- After clicking the account info page click the account security tab at the left side of the screen.
PS- YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ENTER YOUR PASSWORD FOR SECURITY
- When you open the account security page, you will see a slide icon near the two-step verification option.
- After entering your phone number, click on the Send SMS button on the left. Yahoo will send a verification code to your phone number instantly.
- Enter the verification code on the next screen and click on the “Verify” button.
NOTE: You can also verify your phone number through call, just click on call me instead of send SMS.
- Once you verify your number you will receive a message that shows success. With this message, you will also be asked to create an app password.
- And now when you will sign in to your Yahoo account on a new device, you will get a verification code on your registered mobile number just to confirm that it is, where you.
After following all the given steps given above you will be able to enable to activate your two-step verification for your yahoo mail account. But if you are unable to access two-step verification then you must call yahoo customer service support 24/7. Their skilled technicians will make your issues vanish in no time.